Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
Also read: Essay on Internet and Its Uses
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles
- #117-Jul-2008, 10:40
advantages & disadvantages of internet for kids
Would you please check my essay?
If so, thank you very much.
I'm hoping somebody to check the mistakes.
Q. Advantages & Disadvantages of Internet for Kids.
As we know, a long time ago it was really hard to communicate with each other or even people from outsiders. With the development of technology, at last telephone was made and it is used till now. Those genius people made many useful stuff such as telephone, mobile-phone, airplane, computer and so on. However, those kind of items were really rare in the past, but now it is really common to everyone and almost everyone has it. Presently, there is one useful thing that is used by everyone to communicate with each other quickly and simplely, which is Internet. Internet is a browsing system that is use by using a computer or mobile-phons. In fact, by using internet, people can communicate with others even with a long distance. Moreover, it may also be used for gaming, web-browsing, chatting, downloading, sharing files, etc.
However, there are many advantages and disadvantages of internet for kids. Firstly, it's good for kids to know how to use a computer and internet. They can use it for searching good articles and syllabus for their schools. Furthermore, they can learn new things from the internet. Also they can do their homeworks on computer instead of wasting time writing down. However, there are also negative useness. They may open some bad sites like porn, xxx, or even worse. They may be addicted to games on the computer or even online-games. Those cases may bring bad effects to kids. Because they learn what they see and do.
In brief, I think Internet is a good way to learn new things. But we must monitor them and telling them the good things.
Please check my Essay.Key Member
- Member Info
- Native Language:
- Home Country:
- Current Location:
- Join Date: Dec 2007
- Posts: 2,796
- Member Info